Glen Innes Natural Resources Advisory Committee
GLENRAC works in unison with landholders, local government agencies, and Federal and State government departments such as the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water, NSW Department of Industry & Investment, and the Northern Rivers and Border Rivers-Gwydir Catchment Management Authorities.
GLENRAC's objectives are to:
- Reverse the decline in native vegetation
- Control feral and pest animals
- Encourage awareness and understanding of natural resource management
- Control and manage weeds
- Plan for improved water quality
- Encourage sustainable farming practices
- Prevent soil erosion while improving soil structure and increasing soil fertility
- Prevent catchment degradation
- Rehabilitate mine sites
- Secure funding for natural resource management initiatives.