Westpac Group $1.5 million dollar Bushfire Fund
Westpac Group has established a $1.5 million Bushfire Fund. This Fund will support the rural fire services, Westpac customers, and a number of organisations assisting with the recovery process.
David Lindberg, Chief Executive, Consumer Division, said the $1.5 million Bushfire Fund will offer practical help on the ground.
“Urgent assistance is what is needed as many of our customers and communities are facing unprecedented devastation, uncertain futures for their homes, families, businesses and for many, their livelihood. We are also committed to helping communities recover over the longer term.
“Anyone who needs assistance or support should contact their local branch, Relationship Manager or call our Westpac Assist team on 1800 067 497 as soon as possible to discuss their circumstances,” Mr Lindberg said.
The Westpac Bushfire Fund will include:
- $500,000 in grants to immediately support customers and employees whose properties have been destroyed or damaged. Grants of up to $2000 can be accessed to help cover temporary accommodation, food and clothing;
- $300,000 to state-based volunteer fire services to continue to support the emergency workers on the front line;
- $250,000 to the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) to provide grants to impacted communities to support recovery and rebuild efforts;
- $100,000 to the Victoria Bushfire Appeal, established yesterday; and
- The remaining $350,000 funds will be allocated for the rebuilding and recovery support that will be essential in the months ahead as communities rebuild homes and businesses, as well as for the rescue and rehabilitation of local wildlife.
All affected insurance customers should contact Westpac on 1300 369 989 for assistance. Claims can be lodged 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling this number.
Open Date: Wed 05/02/2020
Close Date: Tue 30/06/2020