Tackling Tough Times Together (TTTT) Grants
The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought.
Grants are available for a broad range of grassroots, community-led initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and assessed quarterly.
Three tiers of grants are available:
- Up to $20,000 – projects to be finalised within 18 months of approval;
- Up to $60,000 – projects to be finalised within 18 months of approval;
- Up to $150,000 – applications for this tier are by Expression of Interest, and multi-year projects (up to three years) are welcomed. Applicants must speak with the TTTT team to discuss their project before applying.
Projects in all tiers must clearly demonstrate a focus on one activity from the following seven activity areas.
1. Building community resilience
2. Developing organisational resilience and capacity
3. Enhancing environmental sustainability
4. Fostering cultural vibrancy
5. Lifelong learning and education
6. Economic strength
7. Improving community health and social wellbeing
These grants are designed to provide flexible funding to support community-based activities that both help to relieve current stressors and symptoms, and most importantly, build capacity and resilience for the future. Funds could also support activities that engage your local community in being proactive, exploring options and creating something that will stand the test of tough times. See the case studies below for examples of the types of projects we have funded in the past, which may provide some ideas.
Priority and Eligibility
The program has a strong preference to support grassroots organisations based in drought-affected regions over those delivering services to, but not based in affected regions. Projects led by local communities will be given strong preference.
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate are welcome to apply for funding for projects located in and benefiting drought-affected regions. Please note: no specific tax status is required.
Please read the Guidelines and supporting documents on our website before applying.
Tackling Tough Times Together is a rolling grants program, which means that applications will be accepted at any time.
Late May 2020 for applications received by 25 February 2020. EOIs for the $150K tier have now closed.
Late August 2020 for applications received by 28 May 2020. EOIs for the $150K tier must be received by 16 April 2020.
FRRR uses an online grants administration system called Grants Gateway. All applications for the Tackling Tough Times Together program will be submitted via FRRR's Grants Gateway online portal.
For more information visit our website: https://www.frrr.org.au/grants/tackling_tough_times_together.php
Open Date: Wed 15/01/2020
Close Date: Tue 25/02/2020