Increasing Resilience to Climate Change Community Grants
The Increasing Resilience to Climate Change Community Grants program provides funding for local communities to address climate change impacts in their region. It provides grants between $10,000 to $30,000 to community organisations, with a total of $600,000 available for the program. Closing date 31 January 2020.
The IRCC Community Grants program will:
- Identify and support practical projects focused on reducing climate change impacts with clear community benefit;
- Foster partnerships between community groups and regional stakeholders that will increase resilience to climate change impacts; and
- Generate and share lessons on best practice approaches to community adaptation.
The program will fund two categories of projects:
- Building Adaptive Capacity - Projects that build the capacity of communities or regions to better plan for, coordinate and deliver actions that support communities to adapt to current or future climate change impacts.
- Delivering Adaptation Action - Projects that implement practical actions that will support communities and regions to adapt to current or future climate change impacts. Successful projects could pilot new approaches to address local adaptation issues, apply best practice approaches to benefit communities, or extend existing projects to increase the benefit to the community.
Projects should be implemented between 30 March 2020 and 30 August 2021. More than one application can be submitted per organisation/group. More information at https://climatechange.environment.nsw.gov.au/adapting-to-climate-change/community-grants
Open Date: Tue 10/12/2019
Close Date: Fri 28/02/2020