The National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) RRR Women’s Canberra Muster Leadership Program. 13 - 17 October.
Have you applied for The National Rural Women’s Coalition (NRWC) RRR Women’s Canberra Muster Leadership Program? The Muster is themed ‘Strengthening Communities through RRR Women’s Leadership & Innovation’ and will encompass a range of speakers who will share their personal leadership experience.
Each year a selected cohort of women are selected to be inspired, grow their leadership skills and ‘giveback’ to their community through a volunteer project of their design. The NRWC RRR Women’s Canberra Muster 2019, is now accepting applications from women living in rural, regional and remote Australia that are 40 years+ over a 4 day program of The Muster will enable participants to:
- Learn skills for effective advocacy on issues faced in their community
- Examine the knowledge, skills and capacities required to lead effectively
- Be introduced to and hear from experienced leaders from diverse backgrounds
- Have increased confidence in the Boardroom environment
- Visit Parliament House to gain a better understanding of political decision making processes and advocacy, and
- Be prepared to implement a community leadership project
About the Program
- The Muster participants will be selected to attend a 4 day residential program in Canberra to learn skills to enable them to effectively advocate on issues facing community
- Participants will be professionally facilitated through a group-learning process of examining the knowledge, skills and capacities required to lead effectively
- Increase capacity and confidence within a Boardroom
- Participants will be introduced to, and hear from experienced leaders from diverse backgrounds
- A visit to Parliament House will include developing a better understanding of the political decision-making process and hone advocacy skills
- Participants will implement a leadership project after the residential program within 4 months and report the outcomes back to the group
It promises to be an inspiring and empowering 4 days with outcomes that will change the way you think about leadership! NRWC will fund:
- residential training program while attendees are in Canberra
Travel arrangements to and from Canberra need to be made by the attendee.
Applications close 13 September 2019
Open Date: Tue 13/08/2019
Close Date: Fri 13/09/2019
Funding Website: /nrwc.com.au/nrwc-muster-application