FRRR Tackling Tough Times Together
The Tackling Tough Times Together grant program helps communities access the resources they need to support one another through the ongoing effects of the drought.
Grants are available for a broad range of grassroots, community-led initiatives that directly and clearly benefit local communities. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and assessed quarterly.
Three tiers of grants are available:
- Up to $20,000 – projects to be finalised within 18 months of approval;
- Up to $60,000 – projects to be finalised within 18 months of approval;
- Up to $150,000 – applications for this tier are by Expression of Interest, and multi-year projects (up to three years) are welcomed. Applicants must speak with the TTTT team to discuss their project before applying.
NOTE: Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and assessed quarterly. Round 14 closes by 5pm AEST, 23 July 2019. EOIs for the $150K tier must be received by 5pm AEST, 3 July 2019.
Projects in all tiers must clearly demonstrate a focus on one activity from the following seven activity areas:
1. Building community resilience
2. Developing organisational resilience
3. Enhancing environmental sustainability
4. Fostering cultural vibrancy
5. Lifelong learning and education
6. Economic strength
7. Improving community health and social wellbeing
This program is designed to provide flexible funding to support community-based activities that both help to relieve current stressors and symptoms, and most importantly, build capacity and resilience for the future. Funds could also support activities that engage your local community in being proactive, exploring options and creating something that will stand the test of tough times.
The program has a strong preference to support grassroots organisations based in drought-affected regions over those delivering services to, but not based in affected regions. Projects led by local communities will be given strong preference.
Community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate are welcome to apply for funding for projects located in and benefiting drought-affected regions. Please note: no specific tax status is required.
For more information, visit www.frrr.org.au/grants/tackling_tough_times_together.php
Open Date: Fri 07/06/2019
Close Date: Tue 23/07/2019