FRRR Strengthening Small Communities
Rural, regional and remote Australia is home to nine million Australians. Many of those communities are small, and all are vital.
Our donors share our commitment to small rural, regional and remote communities and the premise that local leaders are best placed to know what will make their community stronger.
That is why they collaborate to fund this grants program, which facilitates continued investment and access to funds that can contribute to securing the future prosperity of small communities across Australia.
For smaller communities, regular access to funds can be a challenge, which is why the Strengthening Rural Communities (SRC) program was created. It has two tiers and the Small & Vital program is now open all year, with applications assessed quarterly.
Who Can Apply
- Not-for-profit community-based organisations from communities across rural, regional and remote Australia where funds support projects and activities that offer clear public benefit (i.e. are for a charitable purpose) and address an agreed need in the community.
- Organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
- Organisations with and without DGR endorsement.
- An organisation is eligible to submit one application per grant round and apply for one tier of funding per grant round.
The following applications will be prioritised:
- Projects initiated and delivered by local community groups.
- Applications from communities fewer than 15,000 people.
- Organisations that do not have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Tax status.
Who can’t apply?
- Individuals, private or commercial businesses are not eligible.
- Projects that support core business and areas of responsibility of Federal, State and Local Governments are not eligible.
What can Be Funded?
Strengthening Rural Communities (SRC) Small & Vital grants (up to $10,000) can be used for a wide range of purposes including:
- Delivering activities, programs and services;
- Purchasing or hiring equipment and materials;
- Community infrastructure projects;
- Operational and administrative costs associated with your project will be considered. This could include wages, paying a skilled contractor, or paying for overhead costs incurred in the project’s delivery.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.frrr.org.au/SRC_Small_Vital.php
Open Date: Fri 07/06/2019
Close Date: Tue 25/06/2019